US Aviation Academy

Training the World
(866) 383-2400


Veterans Administration

US Aviation Academy is proud to support the men and women who have served and are currently serving our country. For those using the Post 9/11 GI Bill, we strongly recommend using one of our collegiate partners. As accredited colleges, they are able to make much better use of your benefits and qualify for BAH as well.

Several of our current staff members are also former service personnel, so we understand the unique needs of providing flight training for our service members utilizing VA benefits. Our trained staff is well versed in assisting veterans with dealing with all the applicable documents and training course requirements. You can depend on our aviation academy to provide the expert flight training and guidance you need to ensure you receive the maximum benefits to which you are entitled.



College Programs Using the Post 9/11 Bill

US Aviation Academy (USAA) is a vocational training school and does not qualify for VA-approved, two-year degree programs. USAA and AAH are currently working with Tarrant County College to provide a degree program using Post 9/11 benefits.

TCC’s accredited degree program is often able to make much better use of VA benefits. You will need to contact the college to see exactly what you qualify for. Financial aid information can be seen here and VA benefits information here. Tarrant County College’s two-year Professional Pilot program takes students from zero experience all the way through CFII. From there, students’ careers takeoff.

Post 9/11 GI Bill

Veterans eligible for the Post 9/11 GI Bill are able to use approximately $13,000 per academic year for flight training. To clarify, an academic year lasts from August 1 to July 31. Further, all flight training except for private pilot training is covered under this bill. For those looking to do a full program, from zero experience to commercial and CFI, we recommend a collegiate program. However, vocational flight training using the Post 9/11 is available at US Aviation for those looking for individual licences or add-ons.

Call Admissions directly at 940-297-6419 to sign up now!

*VA does not pay for DPE Check ride fees (Certification Fee). This is paid out of pocket.

Note: 98% of pilots that receive their CFI/CFII training with us start their careers by working as flight instructors at our school!

Montgomery GI Bill

US Aviation Academy continues to offer training under the Montgomery GI Bill, also known as MGIB. The VA does not pay for the private pilot certificate using the MGIB. However, ratings and/or certificates following private pilot certification are partially funded by the VA; the VA pays 60%, and the student pays 40%.*

Call us now for more information, or click the button below.

Contact Us

*VA does not pay for DPE Check ride fees (Certification Fee). This is paid out of pocket.

How To Apply

For Veterans using education benefits for the first time: Verify that your VA benefits are available by contacting your local VA office at 1-800-827-1000. Click here for the Application for VA Benefits form.

For Veterans who have previously used VA education benefits: You must submit a “Change of Place of Training” VA Form DD 22-1995. Click here to download this form.

After you have verified your eligibility for benefits:

  1. If active duty military: An Application for Benefits DD 1990, signed by your commander. Click here to download this form.
  2. If you are separated or retired military: a copy of your DD 214
  3. If you are a reservist, you must provide a DD 2384

The US Aviation Academy VA Benefits personnel will complete the VA Enrollment Form (DD 22-1999). We send everything to the VA for their final approval of benefits. They will send an award letter stating that your application and enrollment have been approved. This process can take anywhere from three to six weeks.

Further, you’ll find our aviation academy listed on the VA’s website in the Facilities Locater and Directory.

Accelerated Career Program


International Career Flight Training


College Degree Program